Saturday, February 13, 2010

UPDATE

I figured I'd swing in and give a quick update of what's going on with my progress this weekend. My wife has a three day weekend this week (today, tomorrow and Monday) and with Valentine's Day being tomorrow, the wife is wanting to spend a quiet day at home, rent a few movies from Redbox and chill. With that being said, I probably won't get anything done this weekend. If I am able to squeeze a movie in at any point this weekend, then I certainly will and as always the review will be posted.

One other thing I want to touch upon real quick is the fact that I'm rapidly closing in on watching my first 101 films from the book, at which time I'm going to be compiling a Top 20 list of the best movies I've watched from the "1001" book, so far. Right now I'm sitting at 91, and HOPEFULLY, I'll be at 101 by next weekend. Here's what it looks like:

*Things to Come (1936) - I'm hoping I'll get a chance to squeeze this one in either later tonight or sometime tomorrow, but don't count on it. It's online so whenever I get the time, it's available.

*The Story of a Cheat (1936) - Probably Monday. It's also online, so no waiting involved.

*Captains Courageous (1937) - Hopefully Monday, as well. Have it from Netflix already.

*Midnight Song (1937) - I have it from Netflix also, and this will more than likely be done Tuesday.

*Grand Illusion (1937) - It's available streaming online at Netflix, so no waiting involved. This should also get done Tuesday.

*Stella Dallas (1937) - Not sure if this one will be included in the first 101 or not. It's available from Netflix, but is currently flip flopping between "short wait" and "available now"...This was actually supposed to be shipped today, but at last minute it was reverted back to "short wait".

*The Life of Emile Zola (1937) - This was shipped today from Netflix, but with President's Day being Monday, I won't get it until Tuesday...Hopefully watch it Wednesday.

*Make Way for Tomorrow (1937) - This is actually being released on DVD 02/23/2010, but I believe it's also on YouTube...if so, I'll just watch it on there, more than likely Thursday.

*The Crowd (1927) - Skipped this one way back when, but it airs on Turner Classic Movies this coming Thursday, so it may be included as part of my first 101 movies.

*Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (1937) - This may be the 101st film, depending on what happens with "Stella Dallas", if so, I should get to it on Friday.

*The Awful Truth (1937) - If "Stella Dallas" doesn't become available then this will be the 101st film and it should also be watched on Friday, which means that BY next weekend I should be ready to put together a Top 20 list of what I've seen so far from the book.

So there you have it, that's what's happening with the journey...We're also within thirty films of finishing off the 1930's and moving into the 1940's, so we're definitely making some progress folks.

February 13, 2010 6:18pm
Happy Valentine's Day

2 comments:

  1. "Redbox and chill"? So, streaming a movie and "chilling" with female companion has been a thing back in 2010? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either been a thing since 2010 or I coined that phrase six years ago. If it's the latter, where's my check?

      Delete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...