Monday, September 20, 2010

Coming Soon: 09/19/10 - 09/25/10

Well my work load proved to be a bit to overwhelming for a five-movie week, but this coming week is a fairly easy week and thus I should be able to fit in AT LEAST five, if not more. I've decided that from now, each month I'm going to showcase one person, be it a director, writer, actor or actress and watch a few of their movies during one week in that month. I'm NOT going to watch all of their movies, because if I enjoy said person, then I want them to be able to show back up on the blog, sometime down the line.

For September I've picked...Federico Fellini

*Amarcord (1973 - Federico Fellini)
*La Strada (1954 - Federico Fellini)
*The Nights of Cabiria (1957 - Federico Fellini)

I did a little research and those three seem to be the Fellini films that are recommended for beginners of the director and that's exactly what I am, having only seen "8 1/2" and that was a long time ago. That will leave "8 1/2", "La Dolce Vita", "Satyricon" and "Juliet of the Spirits" for later consumption in the "1001" book.

Also this week:

*Great Expectations (1946 - David Lean)
*Run Lola Run (1998 - Tom Tykwer)

I promise I'll eventually get to "The African Queen" which I've mentioned for the past two weeks. Currently, it has just been pushed back so that I can fit in "Fellini Week". I'm also planning to watch the first two "Alien" films by the end of the month, "The Sound of Music" and "Amelie".

September 19, 2010 11:29pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...