Monday, October 4, 2010

Coming Soon: 10/03/10 - 10/09/10

Yet another Sunday night has come and that means another weekly "coming soon" post. Here's what's on tap:

HITCHCOCKTOBER FEST!
*Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
*Spellbound (1945)
*Notorious (1946)

I plan to have those three watched by this time next week.

I've also noticed that since the randomization, I haven't watched a lot of stuff from the 80s, 90s or 2000s, so don't be surprised to get some movies from those three decades sprinkled in this week. Here are some that I'm contemplating, although nothing is set in stone:

*Boyz 'N the Hood (1991 - John Singleton)
*The Evil Dead (1982 - Sam Raimi) Hey, it is Halloween month
*Oldboy (2003 - Park Chan-wook) This one leaves Netflix streaming on 10/06, so look for me to squeeze this one in.
*Dances with Wolves (1990 - Kevin Costner) I have Wednesday off this week, which would be a good day to tackle this nearly four hour beast.

Also, you may have noticed a comment on the "Satyricon" review recommending me to watch "Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom" (1975 - Pier Paolo Pasolini) and I may very well take that suggestion.

October 3, 2010 10:27pm

3 comments:

  1. please do not watch SALO..it is complete artistic degeneration (worse than SATYRICON0 and may explain the fateful murder of paolini!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I appreciate your warning, but I have to watch it because it is in the "1001" book and this my mission would be incomplete without watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all respect o Dr. S., who has a point, I'm glad you stuck with it and saw 'Salo' It is a very difficult film to watch, but an important one.(I have made comments on this film under both Salo and Satyricon, , so will leave it at that.
    Good luck with 'dances'.. terribly worthy, beautifuly shot but.. 4 hours.. At least it's miles better than both 'postman' and 'waterworld', but that says nothing.
    I saw 'Oldboy' yesterday, and still trying to understand it. I will leave comments till I see your review. (You are operating from a later edition of THE book, as I watched 'Oldboy' voluntarialy.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...