Monday, October 18, 2010

Coming Soon: 10/17/10 - 10/23/10

Alright, well now that the "Salo" viewing and review is out of the way...lets look ahead.

HITCHCOCKTOBER FEST! CONTINUES
*The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
*The Wrong Man (1956)
*Vertigo (1958)
*North by Northwest (1959)

I don't own anymore of the Hitchcock movies that I have to watch and thus have to rely on Netflix for the remainder of them. Furthermore, none of the remaining Hitchcock films are streaming instantly right now, so I'll have to receive them by mail and I'm not set to receive anymore Hitchcock films until Wednesday...so expect randomization at its highest until then.

I really have no idea what I'll be watching between now and Wednesday. I should be able to fit something in Monday night and possibly Tuesday night, so I'll just let those be surprises.

I did find out yesterday that I'm going to be off on Halloween and with no other plans made, it means a "1001 Horrorfest" that day (and possibly the night before). I tried to pick something from each decade and the tentative schedule for Halloween viewing looks like this...

*Cat People (1942 - Jacques Tourneur)
*Dracula (1958 - Terence Fisher)
*The Haunting (1963 - Robert Wise)
*Halloween (1978 - John Carpenter)
*A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984 - Wes Craven)
*Ringu (1998 - Hideo Nakata)

Nothing from the 2000s because there really aren't any horror movies in the book from that decade. Also after some consideration and realizing that the 2000s only have 54 more movies in the book, I'm trying to sparse them out.

October 17, 2010 11:20pm

5 comments:

  1. You have 'cat people' to look forward to.. one of my all time faves.
    Halloween .. well, it's a good one for its type, if youget teen slasher pics. It is entertaining.. I know you are not keen on Dracular pics, so good luck with 'our' (ie the British rendition). Nightmare.. more teen slashing, and not so good. Haunting is good, well, to me, but then I'm a sucker for mood and atmosphere.
    Ray
    Wish me luck, I've started on Shoah. Nine and a half hours of Holocaust memories. You and Salo.. we deserve a medal!
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS..
    Ooooh spooky or what..
    You know you often have to type out those 'distorted random letters' to verify sending a reply..
    Well to send my reply to your halloween one, my random selection gave me.. dedness
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ dedness...Looking forward to "Cat People" and I'm sure the rest will be fun if nothing else, to get me into the Halloween spirit.

    I can't find "Shoah" over here and if it weren't for the nine hour runtime, I'd actually look forward to it, as I'm fairly interested in Holocaust stuff. But nine hours seems excessive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its heavy going, and flawed...Some bits are painfully slow, as the bulk of the film is interviews with Polish/German speakers being interviewed by a French speaker, and you get EVERYTHING, all satages of translation, then the English subtitle.
    Strange what you can or cannot get on different sides of the Atlantic eh? There are some classics I'd love to see, but just not available...
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very much excited about the film "The Haunting" and "Halloween". My Grand Father told me that both are very good movies of his time.

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...