Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March 2012 Recap

Starting today in the monthly recaps I'm going to try and mention for each movie it's percentage chance of making it into the TOP 20 list. Could make this more interesting and could be a good reference point for me when it comes down to list making time. Here we go...

1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die - As seen in March 2012-
1) Magnolia (1999 - P.T. Anderson) 8.5/10 - Rating stands about the same. Call it about a 90% chance of making the TOP 20.
2) Persona (1966 - Ingmar Bergman) 7/10 - I'm not sure if this will make it or not. The intrigue is still there, but I really think this one falls under the category of "needs to be seen again". Call it 50%.
3) Shame (1968 - Ingmar Bergman) 6/10 - Call it 20%. Don't even see this one making the "Ten Worth Mentioning".
4) Hour of the Wolf (1968 - Ingmar Bergman) 6/10 - 20% chance. Again, not even appealing enough for "Ten Worth Mentioning".
5) Cries and Whispers (1972 - Ingmar Begman) 7/10 - 45% chance. Yes, it's a '7' which is usually strong, but this one is just too good for a '6.5' and I dont do quarters. If it's lucky it hits a "Ten Worth Mentioning" spot.
6) Lantana (2001 - Ray Lawrence) 7.5/10 - 65% chance. I could actually see this one hitting the "Ten Worth Mentioning" list, maybe the TOP 20, but I highly doubt it.
7) Fanny and Alexander (1982 - Ingmar Bergman) 8/10 - 75% chance. Again, yes it's an '8', but it's a low '8'. As of now, I have it pegged for a "Ten Worth Mentioning" spot or maybe, a #20 or #19 on the TOP 20 list.
8) Sullivan's Travels (1941 - Preston Sturges) 5.5/10 - 10% chance. Virtually no shot, but never say never.
9) The Lives of Others (2006 - Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck) 9/10 - 100% chance. I don't like to deal in definites, but this one is pretty much a shoo-in for the main list.
10) El Topo (1970 - Alejandro Jodorowsky) 5/10 - A '5' would probably make you think a 50% chance right? Nah. Call this one a 15% chance of actually making my list. Didn't do much for me, but it did make my eyes pop.
11) Spirited Away (2001 - Hayao Miyazaki) 8/10 - 80% chance. This would actually be a great one for the "Ten Worth Mentioning" or, like "Fanny..." a high spot.

Well there it is folks. Remember, I'm currently away watching the movies that will comprise "Seven Shadows Week". I currently have three of the seven films watched and reviewed. Keep your eyes to the blog for reviews here and there, as I weave them in between my "Seven Shadows" movies and for a date of when "Seven Shadows" will actually begin. See 'ya soon!

April 4, 2012 5:03pm

1 comment:

  1. I like the new set up! It is really cool! Keep going baby your doing a great job! I am excited for Seven Shadows Week,can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...