Friday, November 23, 2012

Let's take each other's hand as we jump into the FINAL 15

It's been a hell of a ride this season - a season that I'd say was, perhaps, the worst season yet. However, there was enough good buried in there for me to make a pretty kick-ass TOP 20 list. While I've got your attention, let me tell you that my current plans (which are tentative) see me finishing the season on the weekend of December 1/December 2nd and spending that Sunday afternoon/evening compiling my sixth TOP 20 list. I'm going to have to gear into super blitz mode to get that goal accomplished, but that would really be the perfect time, considering I have that weekend off from work. Also, it'll nicely wrap things up before the Christmas season really gets in gear and I end up spending many nights wandering aimlessly around malls, hunting down that perfect gift. In case it wasn't clear, I will be taking a much needed hiatus following the wrapping of the sixth season.

Anyway, this is, as mentioned above, the FINAL 15 post. It highlights the final 15 movies that I'll be watching and reviewing this season. Remember, as always, everything is tentative. Things go in and out of stock on Netflix daily and if something I'm planning were to escape my grasp, substitutions would have to be made. Otherwise, barring unforeseeable circumstances, these will be the next fifteen films I'll be watching, in no particular order.

1. Ceddo (1977 - Ousmane Sembene) **replacing "Das Boot"**
2. Deewaar (1975 - Yash Chopra)
**replacing "The Right Stuff"**
3. Gallipoli (1981 - Peter Weir)
4. Glory (1989 - Edward Zwick)
5. Mediterranee (1963 - Pollet, Schlondorff)
6. Heaven and Earth Magic (1962 - Harry Smith)
7. Tootsie (1982 - Sydney Pollock)
8. Out of Africa (1985 - Sydney Pollock)
9. El Norte (1983 - Gregory Nava)
10. Sunless (1983 - Chris Marker)
11. Paris, Texas (1984 - Wim Wenders)
12. The Man in Grey (1943 - Leslie Arliss)
13. The Travelling Players (1975 - Theo Angelopoulos)
14. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (1985 - Paul Schrader)
15. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986 - John Hughes)

**Due to the fact that "Ceddo" and "Deewaar" are available on YouTube and only on YouTube, I had to cut "Das Boot" and "The Right Stuff", two films that appeared in the original sneak peek video for the this season, in order to squeeze them in, before they disappear from YouTube.

There you go. I'll be tackling these ASAP and hopefully finishing up by next weekend.

November 23, 2012  7:21pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...