Wednesday, May 21, 2014

From the Inbox and Quick April Recap

Hidey-ho neighbors! I know I said in my A - Z Blogathon post that I was going to be back soon for an April recap, but I got sidetracked and as you can see, I'm a little late. Anyway, it was the following e-mail from a reader that got me back and it turns out, he needs a bit of help. Check this out...

FROM THE INBOX

I know you have a big fast in films and know your titles :) so I was wondering if you can help me list the movies in this advert ! I know Dr. Zhivago and the time travel one ... But I am most interested in the one with the hanging by the swimming pool and the guy reading in the airplane. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nQd4PQj2yOA 

Kind Regards from a bloke who is about to pull his hair out ! ;)




So there you have it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The clip he's referring to with the guy reading in the airplane comes at about the 3 second mark and the guy hanging by the swimming pool is at 8 seconds. I'd actually be interested to know the latter myself. It kind of looks like LES DIABOLIQUE, but I know it's not. I guess these are all films by British directors, if that helps.

QUICK APRIL 2014 THOUGHTS

There's really not much to talk about from last month, as I only watched one BOOK movie and I'd keep ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ and CLOSER with the same rating I initially gave them, from my SINS OF OMISSION series. As for WANDA, I'd still give it a '7.5' - I definitely liked it and the performance from Loden was a memorable one. I didn't watch anything else last month.

If you're really jonesing for something new of mine to read, then check out my Letterboxd page a little later today where I'll have some thoughts on BLUE JASMINE, which I just watched last night. I hate to pop in so quick and run, but there really just isn't much else to cover. I plan to be back on the blog in no more than a month's time. See ya' then!

May 21, 2014 9:54am

5 comments:

  1. You didn't get that either did you?

    The google account I must use to reply have a hate campaign against me at the moment and keep saying 'We don't want you to use this account.. go away" (well, not really.. they just keep making me re-register..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! At last I've got through Google's nightmare of re-registering.. I may be back...

    What I have been TRYING to say for days now is.. Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know any of them.. much top my pain, shame, and disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you had such a hard time getting to comment Ray and sorry it took me so long to get around to approving the comments.

      Anyway, don't feel bad about not knowing. I feel like if I posted the video on the IMDB message boards, I may get some help there - however, I have no clue either and I'd like to think I know a thing or two.

      The one with the guy hanging does have me intrigued though, I'll say that.

      Delete
  3. Well, I've done it.

    Please excuse me crashing your blog Andrew, but after months of it sitting on my shelf looking at me, I went and watched my 1001st.. That means THE BOOK is now finished.. not only 'Psycho' cover, the default edition I was using.. but 'Life of Pi' cover.. so I am done according to iCM as well as a book full of ticks.
    Now lets see if I can get Google to accept tis posting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to say "excuse me" about, I'm glad you let us in on your grand finale and congratulations from me!! That's quite a feat and I hope you feel as accomplished as I envision myself feeling when my journey is all said and done.

      Way to go Ray!

      Delete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...