Saturday, July 23, 2016

SINS OF OMISSION - Entry #36: Alice in den Stadten/Alice in the Cities (1974)


Running Time: 110 minutes
Directed By: Wim Wenders
Written By: Veith von Furstenberg, Wim Wenders
Main Cast: Rudiger Vogler, Yella Rottlander, Lisa Kreuzer, Edda Kochl, Ernest Boehm
Click here to view the trailer

DRIFTER

I don't really have anything meaningful to say here. Out of the last 100 movies I watched, I deemed this one good enough to be an official entry into my personal list. So instead of yammering on and on, enjoy some stills from this outstanding movie...









RATING: 8/10  There's apparently a trilogy from Wenders called "The Road Trilogy" that includes this and two other films. I really need to see those two other films. This was fantastic. I love road films anyway, but this one was just my style.



5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh .. I'm sorry, although I've seen this, I'm struggling to remember it in detail.. Normally I would regard that as a point against the film .. but I doubt that is the case this time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure this would be one you'd take to. I understand though...after seeing so many, it's easy to lose track.

      Delete
  2. Quite ... It looks and sounds great .. I can recall bits .. but, and I feel disappointed (and a bit embarrassed) that I cannot join in the appreciation of this one ..

    Oh, BTW .. any chance you can reinstate the side column that showed recent comments ..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm it's still there but for some reason isn't loading. I'll check it out.

      Delete
  3. Thanks .. I've had to look at all recent posts from you just in case you replied!

    ReplyDelete

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...