Monday, July 25, 2016

SINS OF OMISSION - Entry #39: MISERY (1990)


Running Time: 107 minutes
Directed By: Rob Reiner
Written By: William Goldman, based on the novel by Stephen King
Main Cast: James Caan, Kathy Bates, Richard Farnsworth, Frances Sternhagen, Lauren Bacall
Click here to view the trailer

I'M YOUR #1 FAN!

Why in the world this wasn't included in any edition of the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die, is beyond me. For my money, this is easily the best film Reiner has ever done and without putting a lot of thought into it, I'd call it the best Stephen King adaptation to boot. This should've been included in the very first edition of THE BOOK and never removed - I like this one that much. The scene where Caan sneaks out of his room, while Annie is away, is THE MOST suspenseful scene in all of cinema (again, for my money) and every single time I see it, I'm sure he won't make it back to bed in time. It's also worth noting that during this last 100 films, I also gave Stand by Me a second shot to make my personal list and while I really do enjoy that movie, I didn't deem it quite good enough to make the cut. Enjoy some stills....












RATING: 10/10  Just an outstanding movie and definitely a top of the list candidate. I can't recommend this one enough. Fantastic cast, lead, of course, by two pros - Caan and Bates. Nail biting suspense, memorable scenes and memorable characters, all backed up by King's marvelous groundwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sins of Omission - Entry #94: ZODIAC (2007)

Running Time: 157 minutes Directed By: David Fincher  Written By: James Vanderbilt, based on the book by Robert Graysmith Main Cast : Jake...